Qualified individual to provide software testing support. Software testing support includes creating test cases/test scripts, suggesting validation methodologies and strategies for obtaining test data, files, user scenarios, etc. The individual should have knowledge of various software development methods and the ability to evaluate requirements and design documentation and produce testing materials. The individual should have the ability to effectively communicate software defects and recommend industry best practices for efficient testing across DOJ systems.
B.A. or B.S. from a four-year college or university; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of four (4) years’ experience with test planning, procedure generation, conducting verification, validation and quality control, and authoring test closure reports.
Skills and capabilities
- Application knowledge/experience with: Federal financial systems such as CDCS; UFMS; TOP; CAIVRS and Pay.gov.
- Understanding of technical documentation including Software Design and Testing documents and architecture diagrams.
- Experience testing, and documenting software fixes, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Experience working with management and stakeholders to document existing system functionality or define new system requirements, objectives, and scope.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing technical deliverables such as design documents, implementation plans, and test plans.
- Experience in risk analysis.
- Statistical analysis experience is preferred.