- Inquisitive by nature; you know where to look on the web to find answers and it is your go-to when confronted with a problem.
- Good trouble shooter for diagnosing outages
- You enjoy collaboration and sharing information with other highly technical people.
Environment you will work in
- The intersection of cybersecurity and data. No better place to be.
- Highly technical environment. Your inner geek will be at home here.
- Job site is in Beltsville, MD
- 24 x 7 x 365 Operations environment
- No remote work / no travel
DoD Secret Clearance Required
The Cybersecurity Operations Shift Lead will be the lead operations engineer for a designated shift of 24×7 network and security
operations. As the shift lead, you will provide technical expertise working independently and with other engineers as part of a team
focused on providing 24×7 technical support and monitoring to the customers unclassified and classified operating environments.
The primary area of responsibility will be supporting numerous cybersecurity technical capabilities and infrastructure onsite and at
several remote locations. You will be the lead engineer responsible for training employees on operational process, procedures, and
tools. You will also be responsible for setting shift coverage schedules, reviewing shift outputs (e.g. Shift Change Reports}, and
coordinating assignments for the assigned shift.
The Operations Shift Lead will assist in new security tools deployment. The Operations Shift Lead will be responsible for working with
the Project Management and Engineering team on evaluating and accepting new technologies and capabilities. They will support efforts
to develop and maintain documentation for supporting system operations and maintenance. As the Cybersecurity Operations Shift
Lead, they will also assist in the development of training on new tools and operational practices to other operations team members.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of large scale enterprise IT operations and processes in a 24×7 environment. They
will also have experience with cyber security in the domains of security vulnerabilities, malware TTP’s, networking protocols, application
development, information exchange models, interface and GUI design and development.
This effort will require a skilled cyber security operations engineer to enable standardized and consistent processes, user training, and
implementation of innovative industry approaches and provide significant improvement to current capabilities.
This shift is from 10 pm- 6 am.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience in relevant field
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in enterprise systems lifecycle management, structured system development methodologies (preferably Information Engineering), structured analysis, and/or information systems development or a relevant technical discipline
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing database layouts, application architectures, schemas and developing a good understanding of the application model.
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP and basic packet analysis
- Hands-on Linix/Unix experience
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Windows Management Interface (WMI} development, and shell scripting
- Experience developing and documenting detailed, technical user guides and hands on training.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience with direct and remote desktop support
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), job aids, and hands-on training materials.
- Desired Certifications: CCNA, RHCE, Linux+, VMWare Certified Associate, CEH
- Proficiency in process automation using multiple scripting and development tools including, but not limited to: Shell scripting, PowerShell, VBScript Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Proficiency with Linux, Unix
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools.
- Experience in developing test cases for technical certification
Additional Screening Criteria
- Experience with email routing and troubleshooting
- Network load balancing