Full-time mid-level M&E Specialist to provide on-site client support to NEA/AC’s M&E unit.
The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs’ Assistance Coordination Office (NEA/AC) oversees more than $200 million in foreign assistance funding throughout the Middle East. NEA/AC manages a range of programs, including the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), Syria, Near East Regional Democracy, Iraq, and the Trans-Saharan Counterterrorism Program (TSCTP).
In support of NEA/AC programming, Pillar Systems holds a three-year contract to provide evaluation services support by conducting a range of evaluations to determine the effectiveness of NEA/AC programs, systems, and funded grants implemented by local partners. Pillar Systems has completed evaluations of MEPI’s exchanges programming, the Near East Regional Democracy’s use of mobile communications technology, MEPI’s democracy and governance portfolio, and is currently implementing an evaluation of Syria Civil Society programming. This is in addition to providing a team of both on-site and off-site M&E experts to provide routine evaluation assistance.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties include assisting with reporting and data analysis efforts, providing management and support of NEA/AC’s online Performance Reporting System (ACPRS), as well as conducting up to 5 annual independent evaluations and 3 internal reviews (as needed) of current foreign assistance programming. The M&E Specialist will also provide additional analytical products on best practices, known methodologies, and current data and methodological trends on development and countries in the region.
Qualifications and Education Requirement
- At least 3 years’ experience in the monitoring and evaluation of United States Government (USG)
- funded programs in the international development arena, particularly of grant funded projects
- Masters degree in sociology, social sciences, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current social science, evaluation and analytical tools and methods required
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, detail orientation, and timeliness of performance
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and working with pivot tables
- Proficient in translating data into compelling visualizations
- Understanding of data quality standards and methodologies
- Familiarity with social media metrics and dashboards
- Experience working on projects in the Middle East and North Africa
- Active Secret Security Clearance