Project supports the IT engineering team of a major federal customer providing security services including cyber incident response, threat analysis and security operations support. The Cyber Security Engineer will provide technical expertise working independently and/or with other engineers. The primary area of responsibility will be evaluating, integrating, and deploying new cybersecurity tools and capabilities. The individual will evaluate new security technologies and make appropriate recommendations to ensure technical assessment capabilities remain current. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber security in the domains of security operations, security architecture, framework and standards, governance, and threat intelligence. This effort will require a skilled Systems Engineer in order to facilitate the implementation of industry standardized and consistent processes in support of systems integration and project management.
- 4+ years of Information Security, Systems Integration, Network Engineering, or System Engineering experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle and Project Management Framework.
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Linux/Unix system engineering and security hardening experience
- Windows system engineering and security hardening experience
- Experience configuring and hardening network switches, routers, and firewall
- Serve as technical lead on assigned projects and interface directly with customers during requirements gather, system design, and implementation.
- Analyze market research and customer requirements; derive high-level system requirements and produce functional and technical requirements.
- Translate client requirements into major milestones and deliverables
- Perform system integration activities; Product evaluation, system builds/installation, system assessments, system transition (O&M)
- Draft supporting system documentation; system design, system diagram, system security plan, etc…
Highly desired skills
Experience with IDS/IPS products (Ex: Snort, Suricata, Cisco, ISS, McAfee)· Experience with network devices and boundary protections (Ex: Cisco Switching, Firewalls)· Experience with Packet Capture & Inspection technology (Ex: RSA Security Analytics, Netwitness, Moloch)· Experience working with Automated Dynamic Malware Analysis tools (FireEye)· Experience with Information and Event Management technology (SIEM, Splunk, Syslog, RSyslog)· Experiencing supporting Accreditation and Authorization process. Mitigating compliance audit and vulnerability findings· Experience working with Hypervisor and Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper, Red Hat)· Experience with Domain Service and Central Service management and deployment (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, NTP)